Juvederm Injectable Filler for Wrinkles
Many aesthetic professional and patients select JUVÉDERM® as their dermal filler of choice to add symmetry to their facial features and temporarily reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles and lines.
JUVÉDERM® A Dermal Filler Solution for Lines and Wrinkles
JUVÉDERM® is a corrective, injectable gel used to fill facial wrinkles, both moderate and severe. There are several types of JUVÉDERM® including: JUVÉDERM® Ultra, JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC.
JUVÉDERM® is a Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid hydrogel manufactured by Allergan, one of the leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery products.
As we get older, our skin begins to break down and collagen production slows down as well. This causes a breakdown in the tissue, over time, leaving behind deeper lines, creases and wrinkles, and also thinner skin. JUVÉDERM® is used to boost our appearance and restore facial features to look more youthful.
JUVÉDERM® is safe and FDA approved. It has grown in popularity among physicians and patients. Dermal fillers are widely used for many purposes, such as:
- Lip Augmentation: to add volume to thin lips
- Liquid Facelift: to fill in cheeks, and plump up deep lines and wrinkles
- Under Eyes: to fill in pockets and sunken cavities under eyes
- Cheeks: To plump and fill cheeks that lose their shape and sag with age and gravity
- Add Facial Shape and Symmetry: to add shape and fill in smile lines, nasolabial folds and sunken features under the eyes in addition to other areas.
- Corrective Aesthetics – to fill in dents and pockets and re-engineer tissue
Dermal fillers are an elective cosmetic procedure, so the choice is yours when it comes to which products you want to use. JUVÉDERM® is one of many options for filling in lines, wrinkles and folds. Your dermatologist or surgeon may have a preference.
Some professionals and surgeons claim to have better or longer results using one product or another. He or she may also charge a different fee for different, yet comparable fillers for one reason or another.
JUVÉDERM® delivers beautiful results for patients seeking to enhance their appearance - lift away and boost lines and wrinkles. If you are looking for a natural, non-invasive transformation, then perhaps JUVÉDERM® is the right choice for you.
After you have decided that JUVÉDERM® is right for you, follow this list of recommendations:
- Locate a trained physician or healthcare specialist in your area.
- Make an appointment and discuss your treatment goals with your physician.
- Ask what the proper amount would be to treat your case.
- Learn about the side effects of JUVÉDERM® and ask questions about the treatment.
- Review before and after pictures of other patients.
- See the improvement almost immediately and within 24-48 hours, results will continue to improve over the next 7-30 days.
- JUVÉDERM® results can last between 3 and 6 months. Patients should wait at least 90 days between treatments.
After selecting JUVÉDERM® as your filler of choice, your cosmetic specialist will schedule a 30 minute appointment to administer your filler injections in the specific, designated areas requested.
Treatment side effects are usually mild to moderate. There is some pain, only to the injection site, which only lasts a few minutes. Other side effects, such as temporary pain, swelling, redness, firmness may last up to seven days. JUVÉDERM® is not known to cause allergies, however it is not for patients with severe allergies.
All products and syringes are not created equal. Certain designs get different results depending on the areas being injected. Ask your surgeon about differences in product design and if it will make a difference in the areas being treated.
Juvederm is tested and approved by the FDA. It is considered safe and is not known to produce allergic reactions.
After your injections, your doctor will provide you with a list of instructions and side effects. It is important to follow the instructions to avoid any complications.
Comparisons Between Dermal Fillers
Many doctors, clinicians and surgeons use multiple filler products, but they develop their own preference based upon patient results. There are many forums that discuss the comparisons online. Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra, and Juvederm Ultra Plus are all FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers.
Here are some similarities and differences for consideration. It is wise to discuss and compare with your selected aesthetic surgeon.
- Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra, and Juvederm Ultra Plus to be very well tolerated by all skin types and allergic reactions are very rare.
- The cost for the products are comparable and in most cases, the same.
- Filler products are tested and proven to be safe and effective.
- These fillers are collagen based and derived of the similar filler materials, hyaluronic acid. This component is already a natural part of your skin’s matrix, so they are rarely rejected by the body.
- Allergy testing is not necessary for both products, but in rare cases, reactions can occur.
- All filler products are designed to smooth lines and creases, directly after injections and results are immediate.
Notable Differences and Side Effects :
- Restylane and Perlane are produced by Medicis, while Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are manufactured by Allergan. Both manufacturers are known for their cosmetic product lines.
- Juvederm Ultra can be compared to Restylane, while Juvederm Ultra Plus is molecularly more similar to Perlane.
- The difference in composition allows surgeons to use particular filler products for specific areas and their preference will vary based on personal experience and patient results. One product may be more granular than another.
- These filler labels and manufacturers proclaim to last between 6-9 months. Depending on the age of the patient and elasticity of the skin, results can vary with any filler product, and this timeline may actually last from 3-9 months. However, FDA labeling claims the longevity of Juvederm may last as long as 12 months.
- Microscopically, these products vary. The composition and hyaluronic acid (active ingredient) concentration levels may vary from product to product.
- These filler products behave the same across patient skin-types when injected, however the "behavior" of the product may vary per injection site. Ask your surgeon which filler is best for the areas you want treated.
- All filler products come pre-packaged in pre-measured in volumes. However, Restylane comes in two sizes, so it can be purchased in smaller amounts per treatment or visit. Juvederm is sold as a one-size syringe that can be used over multiple visits.
If you are ready to look for a surgeon in your area, click on the "surgeon locator" and find a specialist in your area. Schedule a consultation, and you are one step closer to a more youthful looking you.